Thursday, September 2, 2010

Less Food, Less Hunger



Chris and I have been on the Flat Belly Diet! for several weeks.  I'm not going to explain everything about the diet, but there is one thing that stands out for me:  I'm eating less, but there are FEWER times that I feel hungry than I did before the diet.

Why?  In the past, when I'd be at work, I'd have lunch at 11am.  Then, around 3pm, I'd be craving a snack.  I typically would raid vending machines and overeat.  If I didn't, I'd feel uncomfortable, distracting hunger until I could eat dinner at 5:30 or later.

The Flat Belly Diet requires that you eat every 3-4 hours while you are awake.  Typically, this means 3 meals and 1 snack between lunch and dinner.  That snack is the key to preventing uncomfortable pangs of hunger, the key to eating less while feeling less hunger.

I've followed the approach carefully and can honestly say that I never feel uncomfortably hungry.  I eat smaller portions than I used to for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but I'm never feeling bad about it because the snack I have between lunch and dinner satisfies my most intense cravings.  In hindsight, I felt truly, miserably hungry far more often before this diet.  I may have gorged myself when I DID eat, but the times when I should have snacked but did not do so (usually around 3pm), I'd get really hungry.  Now I'm eating less, have lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks, and I can't remember the last time I felt really , really hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment