Thursday, September 19, 2013

Podcasts: An Old Fashioned Way to Meditate




iTunes introduced Podcasts in 2005.  In the digital world, that's the Stone Age.  I'd heard about Podcasts but never checked them out.  Could something so old still be relevant?

I finally started exploring Podcasts in the last couple of weeks.  After reading reviews of various iPhone apps with which to manage Podcasts, I selected "PodCruncher" (just $1.99).  You can search for any subject that interests you.  The app will return dozens of regular Podcasts on the topic, in order of popularity and relevance.  I searched for "Meditation", and then subscribed to "Meditation Oasis", "My Meditation Station", "Relaxation Meditation Podcast", and two more.  Each of these Podcasts has 20 or more guided meditations.  I've been downloading the best ones so that I can listen to them often.  I used to buy guided meditation apps one at a time, without getting a chance to preview them.  I was often disappointed.  Even the good ones got boring if I listened to them too often.  But now that I've started to use Podcasts, I feel as if I have unlimited choices, I can preview them before saving them, and they don't cost me a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment