Monday, September 2, 2013

Meditation Mashup


From Wikipedia: A mashup (also mesh, mash up, mash-up, blend, bootleg[1] and bastard pop/rock) is a song or composition created by blending two or more pre-recorded songs, usually by overlaying the vocal track of one song seamlessly over the instrumental track of another.


I almost always use my iPhone and headphones when meditating, but I usually do "Mashups". There are some apps in which I like the spoken, guided meditation, but I'm tired of the background music or nature sounds. I've found that some of these apps allow you to choose "voice only". Then I can open different apps for background music or nature sounds.

Any apps for background sounds have to be able to play in the background when you switch to the app with the spoken meditation. One of my favorites is Sleepstream 2 which is a mashup on its own because you can add a layer of music to a layer of nature sounds on top of "Binaural Beats" targeted at reinforcing meditation, focus, or other moods. I also like various apps from "Ambi-Science" with great electronic ambient music coupled with Binaural Beats. My final favorite is "Relax Melodies Premium" which allows you to layer dozens of sounds on top of each other in any combination. All of these apps will continue to play when I switch to one of my favorite spoken meditations from Andrew Johnson, Meditation Oasis, or Omvana.

No comments:

Post a Comment