Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Headphone Heaven


When I listen to my iTunes Library, there is one App I always use because it makes any pair of headphones sound ten times better.  The app is called Audyssey.  Here is a link to their website:  amp.audyssey.com.  When you use the app, it asks you to select your brand and model number of headphones from among hundreds of options stored in its library.  Then, when you play music from your iTunes library, it automatically adjusts the output from your iPhone or iPad so that you get recording studio quality sound.  Here are some links to independent reviews of the app:  Review1Review2Review3, and Review4.

I noticed a huge difference with two brands of headphones I own, and my son was blown away by the difference it made when he listened to music with his "Beats" headphones from Dr. Dre (yes my son is spoiled).  In addition to working with your iTunes library, the same technology is apparently used when streaming music with Songza.  I've never listened to music on Songza, so I'm going to sign off for now, download Songza, and go listen to some tunes.




No comments:

Post a Comment