Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Browsers for Work, for Play, and for Volunteering


I find that it's best to build walls between work, family/fun time, and my volunteer work.   Whichever situation I'm on, I find it's best to focus at that time in that one area of my life.  Otherwise I can't concentrate; I'm overwhelmed with all the things that need to get done.

Recently, I've learned to build walls between my Internet Browsers. I use Internet Explorer for work, Google Chrome for family/fun/social browsing, and Opera for my volunteer work.  I set up each with different e-mail addresses and bookmarked websites so that, when I choose to engage in that part of my life, all the messages in my inbox and all my bookmarked websites are precisely targeted for that part of my life.  For example, my volunteer work is community related so every bookmark is geared to local government, local news, and neighborhood organizations.  And all my e-mails are strictly separated.

No comments:

Post a Comment