Monday, November 22, 2010

Just my luck


Years ago, I tried to keep a gratitude journal but quickly gave up.  It was often hard to think of things to write.  In hindsight, I realize I was needlessly limiting my choices.  I took "gratitude" literally to mean I had to think of things that I would thank someone for.  Now that I realize I can be grateful for simple luck, the choices are endless.  There are so many great things in my life that didn't involve anyone going out of there way just for me.  I'm just in a fortunate situation.  When I think of these things, I become optimistic, I feel fortunate, I habitually notice nice things that I might otherwise have missed.

A few great things that happen to be in my life:


  • Pandora radio.  Amazing to be able to create commercial free radio for any type of music I like.
  • Noise canceling headphones.
  • A nice neighborhood.
  • One of my family members needs some alternative medicine.  It's good to live in a city large enough to find it.
  • Living in a time when you can get so much information so easily.
  • All the business, family, and self help books that I'm addicted to.
  • A great public school for my kids.
  • Working at a company that values integrity.
  • Modern medicine and health.
  • Fall colors
There will be times when my life situation gets worse--much worse--but a habit of brainstorming all the things that are RIGHT with the world will help me stay upbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment