Monday, October 29, 2012

The Energy I Bring


I had a few frustrating experiences over the last few days, and I got cranky and moody.  Kind of a downer for the family.  I'm back to feeling upbeat now, but I had to remind myself of something I read in the book My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey, by Jill Bolte Taylor.  Taylor says that "you need to be responsible for the energy you bring into the room."  My responsibilities don't stop with the things I'm supposed to DO.  I'm also responsible for how I contribute to the mood of the house, or the office.

I'm not saying I should stifle negative emotions.  Everyone knows that denying emotion does more harm than good.  But I still need to be mindful of whether my energy is bringing people up or down, and work to keep my impact positive most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment